Consular legalisation for Qatar
Notarisation of documents for Qatar
LEGALISATION & APOSTILLE REQUIREMENTS
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Legalisation required.
This is followed by Consular legalisation from the Consulate of Qatar in London.
Foreign documents are not accepted, except documents issued in the Republic of Ireland, Norway, Iceland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Channel Islands, which must be firstly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the respective country of origin prior to submitting to the consular section of the Embassy of Qatar in the UK for further attestation.
Commercial documents such as: certificate of origin, invoices, packing list, bill of lading, certificate of goods…etc, must be stamped by the London and Arab-British Chambers of Commerce prior to submitting to Consulate.
For educational certificates, they now require that consulate attestation must be supported by the following three items below:
2) Supported by the transcript; and
3) A cover letter from the issuing educational body confirming ALL the points set out below:
- The qualification / genuineness of the certificate,
- The mode and type of study: whether full time/part-time or distance learning (E-learning)/ proximate learning (face to face learning),
- The place of study and the place where the examination was held,
- The awarded title of the issued diploma, i.e Degree (BA or Bsc), Masters or Doctorate program,
- The length of the course,
- The actual dates of study (start date and the end date).
Please note that items 1), 2) and 3) above must be attested by the UK FCO. In addition, any certificate obtained via distance learning or an online program will NOT be accepted for attesting as this is not in accordance with the rules of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Doha.
TIME AND FEES
Please allow around 4-5 days for consular legalisation. The legalisation fee charge of the Consulate of Qatar is £33 per document related to commercial matters and £22 per document related to personal matters.
In regard to educational certificates, the consular legalisation fee is £25 per page of the document, even if the document has only one Apostille, the other pages must be stamped by the Qatari Consulate.
The consulate accept submission of documents on Mondays and Thursdays ONLY.
Qatar Embassy in London
1 South Audley St
T.020 7493 2200